Cooper Energy is an S&P/ASX 200 (ASX:COE) listed energy company which generates revenue from the discovery, commercialisation and sale of gas to south-east Australia and low cost Cooper Basin oil production.
Gas accounts for the major share of the company’s sales revenue, production and reserves. The company’s portfolio includes:
- gas production. Cooper Energy produces approximately 6 PJ per annum from the Otway Basin, most of which comes from the Casino Henry gas project which it operates.
- gas project development. Cooper Energy is developing the Sole gas field to supply 24Pj of gas per annum from 2019.
- gas supply contracts. Cooper Energy has a growing portfolio of gas supply contracts, with customers including AGL Energy, Alinta Energy, EnergyAustrali, O-I Australia and Origin Energy.
- oil production. Cooper Energy produces approximately 0.3 million barrels per annum from low cost operations in the Cooper Basin.
The company is focused on, and staff are incentivised for, generating sustainable growth in total shareholder return through a strategy that requires:
- due care for health, safety, and the environment and communities in which Cooper Energy operates;
- focus on hydrocarbon resources and opportunities possessing the strong economic fundamentals that support generation of leading returns for its shareholders and good commercial outcomes for customers within the foreseeable future; and
- concentration of effort and resources on opportunities where it has deep knowledge and expertise, principally the Australian basins and the commercialisation of gas.
As at 30 June 2019 unless indicated otherwise
|Financial $ million|
|Net profit after tax
|Operating cash flow||20.5|
|Operations (million barrels of oil equivilent)|
|Reserves (proved & probable)
|Shares on issue (million)2
|Market capitalisation ($ million)2
 As at 31 March 2020
 As at 29 April 2020