Cooper Energy is an ASX-listed (ASX:COE) energy company which generates revenue from the discovery, commercialisation and sale of gas to south-east Australia and low cost Cooper Basin oil production.
Gas accounts for the major share of the company’s sales revenue, production and reserves. The company’s portfolio includes:
- gas production. Cooper Energy supplies gas for domestic and industrial use in south-east Australia from its operations offshore Victoria in the Gippsland Basin (Sole gas field) and Otway Basin (Casino, Henry and Netherby gas fields).
- gas project development. Cooper Energy is upgrading and connecting the Athena Gas Plant in Victoria to provide a low-cost processing hub for Otway Basin gas and analysing development for new supply from discoveries such as Annie.
- gas supply contracts. Cooper Energy has a growing portfolio of gas supply contracts, with customers including AGL Energy, Alinta Energy, EnergyAustralia, VISY and Origin Energy.
- gas exploration. Cooper Energy holds exploration permits and conducts exploration for competitive new sources of gas supply in south-east Australia. In 2020 this exploration resulted in the Annie gas discovery offshore Victoria and the Dombey gas discovery in the onshore Otway Basin, South Australia.
- oil production. Cooper Energy produces approximately 0.2 million barrels per annum from low cost operations in the Cooper Basin.
The company is focused on, and staff are incentivised for, generating sustainable growth in total shareholder return through a strategy that requires:
- due care for health, safety, and the environment and communities in which Cooper Energy operates;
- focus on hydrocarbon resources and opportunities possessing the strong economic fundamentals that support generation of leading returns for its shareholders and good commercial outcomes for customers within the foreseeable future; and
- concentration of effort and resources on opportunities where it has deep knowledge and expertise, principally the Australian basins and the commercialisation of gas.
As at 30 June 2021 unless indicated otherwise
|Financial $ million|
|Net profit after tax
|Operating cash flow||8.1|
|Operations (million barrels of oil equivilent)|
|Reserves (proved & probable)
|Shares on issue (million)1
 As at 31 August 2021